Membership to the Circle – First Nations Entrepreneur Hub is inclusive of all South Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander owned / operated businesses and is free of charge.
This is extended to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals living in South Australia who are looking to create a business or need support in commencing or growing their business or entrepreneurial ideas.
Eligible businesses must be physically located in South Australia, employing at least one South Australian resident.
The Circle will also support non-Aboriginal corporate entities, government agencies and not-for-profit organisations that have an interest in developing business-to-business relationships with the Aboriginal Business Sector in SA and/or supporting First Nations economic participation through employment opportunities in SA.
Once you have considered your eligibility based on the criteria below, complete the "Application Form" online and hit 'submit'.
Your application form will be reviewed and, if eligible, you will receive the Circle's Membership Agreement and Code of Conduct. Once you have signed and returned the Agreement, you will receive a welcome letter and induction information.
Eligible First Nations Businesses are:
- Physically located in South Australia; and
- At least 50% owned by an Aboriginal person; or
- An Indigenous JV arrangement with at least 50% Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander ownership and verification that management and financial decisions are made by the Aboriginal / Torres Strait Islander partner. Further to this, proof of skills and knowledge transfer to empower the Aboriginal / Torres Strait Islander partner must be provided.
- Incorporated under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cth); or
- Incorporated under a State/Territory legislation, with 50% ownership by an Aboriginal / Torres Strait Islander person.
First Nations Businesses are encouraged to be:
- Registered with Supply Nation as 50% Indigenous Australian owned; or
- Certified by Supply Nation as 51% Indigenous Australian owned.
Eligible First Nations Peoples (Individuals)
The Circle is inclusive of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who reside in South Australia and are actively seeking to establish a business in SA. An individual may be required to complete a Commonwealth recognised Declaration of Aboriginality as part of on-boarding process to access The Circle's services.
Eligible non-South Australian First Nations Businesses and Individuals
First Nations businesses and individuals who do not reside or operate in South Australia will not be able to access support services offered by the The Circle, however can apply to access and use The Circle's physical space when in Adelaide.
Non-First Nations Businesses
Corporate entities, government agencies and not-for-profit organisations that have an interest in developing business-to-business relationships with the First Nations business sector in SA and/or supporting First Nations economic participation through employment opportunities in SA may engage The Circle to:
- provide advice and support to collaborate and connect;
- identify and source First Nations businesses;
- provide advice on and identify opportunities for First Nations employment;
- explore procurement opportunities for First Nations businesses; and
- expand and nurture the buyer-supplier relationship.
As a Member, you will take part in an on-boarding process to determine the needs of your business. Together, we will create a tailored plan for you.
The plan identifies the services that the Circle can offer your business, including referrals to external providers. It will also outline what you can do to maximise opportunities.